Friday, April 2, 2010

Women's Skateboarding

Tweet This

Wall Ride by Alex White
Photo by Christina Riley


"Hey Alex, is that an ollie to wall ride?" I ask.

"No it's just a wall ride," answers Alex between waves. (I do most of my blog research while surfing, I'm a perpetual multitasker.)

"It's just like a backside of the off the lip (in surfing)," Alex goes on. "Put you're head down, and shove your board up the wall. It's easy."

"Mmmm hmmmm," I ponder. "Exactly the same, except the concrete."

And trust me, Internet, it isn't "easy."

I don't mind trying a trick in water. Falling in water isn't a big deal, unless there are rocks. But attempting a maneuver over concrete, is an entirely different story.

Below is a video, of Alex doing some serious shredding....... Wow, I have inspiring friends! But I will probably limit my inspiration to water based tricks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so SICK! Love that video footage.

Yeah, concrete hurts....
apparently so does shore break in the bay.

CANADA christina

Kim Jay...Everyday said...

Oh my gosh - I'd be dead. I'm with you, water sports are the way to go!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter