Sunday, January 9, 2011

Friends In Real Life

Tweet This

@wendysurf and @kimjay_everyday twins in real life.

Oh my goodness Internet!!!! Hubby and I had a double date Friday night with Kim and Charlie, also known as Dancin' Jimmy! And he DANCED!!!! Two times.

I am freaking out, they are so fun and nice. I wish they lived here. Sigh.

"Who in Memphis are Kim and Charlie?" asks a dedicated blog reader.

Oh right, sorry. I met @kimjay_everyday, photographer extraordinaire, on twitter, a few years or so ago. She is one of my twitter friends. Actually now we're facebook friends, and Words With Friends(scrabble), too. Charlie is her Rock Star Hubby.

Communicating with a friend on twitter is very similar to texting due to the way I have my notifications set up, and therefore easy. When I think about it, online friends are just high tech pen pals.

"So you're going to meet kimjay_everyday for the first time in real life?" asks Gio. "Do I get to meet her, too?"

I wasn't sure about that part. My Mom was coming over to babysit and the house was A MESS. You know how people say, "Oh my house is a mess," and then you go in and can't find anything out of place, except for an unfolded couch blanket?

That is not my house. When I say it's a mess. It's a mess. And by mess I mean, laundry-toy-miscellaneous items bomb explosion everywhere because I've been surfing so much.

They actually did get to come and see our messy house and THE BOYS, but only because I temporarily lost my mind and listened to Hubby. He's usually right, but not this time.

"Have them come over," says Hubby. "I'll clean up the house."

15 minutes later, well before any cleaning could take place, Hubby says, "Uh, someone's knocking on the door."

To which I reply, "That's not someone, that's kimjay_everyday!"

Anyways, Kim has been a great friend online. I mean I sort of know how to fold a fitted sheet thanks to her. And she makes me laugh when I feel like crying. So to actually get to meet her in person, was, like, CRAZY COOL!!!!!!!!!

And Charlie is a great guy! Did I mention he danced twice? They both scored big time!

They were both easy to talk to, and did I mention fun? After last month it really was a sweet treat surprise to finally meet them in real life.

I may never visit Kim and Charlie in Memphis, but who knows, maybe I'll meet up with them sometime on Maui?

8 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so cool! I too know Kim through Twitter and Facebook and think she is one cool lady. I doubt that she'll ever come to Montreal but if (or you of course) ever does, I hope that I get a call. The internet is amazing for meeting great people!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Absolutely true!!!!!

Kathy said...

Oops, I meant to say "if SHE (or you.....".

Kim Jay...Everyday said...

Wendysurf is the most beautiful person, inside and out! I cannot tell you guys what a treat it was to meet her and Stefan, who is equally cool!!! Don't even get me started on her sweet boys and very cool mom. (Thank you, mom, for pinch-hitting for us!) I wish we lived closer. Sigh. Love you, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendysurf....
I am Kim's mom & Dancin Jimmy's favorite mom-in- law. He would suggest that I am his only mom-in-law. It is a lovely God-incident that you two got to meet. As for worrying about your clean house, well give that up. Kim's house is usually straight, but as for the house she grew up in??? Always cluttered.. with stuff and kids... our kids..... everyone's kids. In fact, this morning the Peanut (Kim and Charlie's Anna) didn't want to go in the kitchen because it was messy.. Busted. So, if you ever come to Memphis and visit K & C come see the Nana. I will try to straighten up. At least I promise Ice Tea. :")
Mz. Sooz

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks Kim and Kat, hehe. Kim's Mom, my mom is a Nana too! I would absolutely come to see you. It's always a relief to visit another "un-perfect" house. You are so funny! Now I know where Kim gets her amazing sense of humor!

Nana/mama said...

All this stuff about about messy houses is funny funny. My house is a total diaster. i am working on it. It will take me about a year. It is something what you find under the massive piles. No dead bodies,yet, but oh the money I have found!!

Benson said...

new england patriots jersey
nike roshe
nike air max 2018
balenciaga
foamposites
oakley sunglasses
off-white
oakley sunglasses
d rose shoes
fitflops sale

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter