Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beach Art

Tweet This


One of the things I love most about going to the beach, besides surfing great waves, is I never know what I'm going to find. A bar of surf wax, a bag of weeds, sand toys, a gold doubloon.

"Is there a painting on that log?" I ask.


Driftwood canvas.

"Yes," answers my BFF.

"I have to take a picture of that!" I say.

"I knew you were gonna say that," she says laughing.

"So did someone do the painting after the log beached itself, or before?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's been there for a week, " she says.

"Only a week?" I ask. "Are you sure? Part of the wood, it was painted on, is already missing. "

"Yeah, a week of waves, rain, and PEOPLE, will do it," she says.

Wow, that's so cool! An artist painted a picture for everyone at the beach to enjoy. I love that! It's truly amazing.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love it!!!!

nana/mama said...

I am going to find a gold doubloon on Del Monte Beach. When you were a baby, a friend of your Fathers found one-well a gold coin. $250,000 worth. That is on my bucket list, Del Monte Beach with a metal detector

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Sounds like a plan!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Sounds like a plan!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter