Thursday, April 19, 2012

Eye Wash

Tweet This

"Mom!" shouts Gio. "There's something in my eye!"

"Don't rub it, whatever you do," I say. "That will just make it worse, and you can damage your eye."

"It hurts," says Gio crying while simultaneously freaking out.

"Do you want me to get the eye wash?" I ask.

"Yes!" says Gio.

This should be fun.

"Should I keep my eye open?" asks Gio.

"That would be helpful," I say.

"Are you ready?" I ask, holding the eye wash above Gio's eye.

"Yes," answers Gio, convincingly.

But every time I tried to rinse his eye with the wash he screams, "Ahhhhhhhhhh," closes his eyes and wriggles away from me.

"Hold still," I say trying to keep his eyelid open.

Unfortunately, all I manage in four or fives attempts is to squirt his face.

"Sorry, I can't get the eyewash in your eye, try not to rub it," I remind him.

Five minutes later.

"Mom, my eye feels better," says Gio."I think the eyewash on my face really helped."

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter