Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We've Come So Far

Tweet This


Hello Internet. I've spent the better part of the day sealing grout in the front bathroom. Sealing grout is a long, slow process. What should seemingly take a couple hours, ends up taking 8 or 9 hours.

Phew. I'm exhausted, especially after being awake since 4:30, with special thanks to the geriatric dog with the incredible shrinking bladder.

It's as if I'm stuck in the movie, "Honey, I Shrunk The Dog's Bladder."

Anyways, I am feeling pretty happy about my sealed grout. But my body is feeling tense. I grab the foam roller, and go into the boys' room to roll out my sore muscles.

Breathing in and out, I'm quickly relaxing. But then I notice SOMETHING on the ceiling.

Water is on the ceiling.

"WATER!" screams my Nervous System. "Alert, alert, alert!"

Water is dripping into the house from the roof, transforming the American Dream of home ownership into the ongoing American Nightmare. So while the bathroom is nearly complete, the roof has got so far to go................

2 comments:

nana/mama said...

water water every where. You through the leaky roof, mine percolating through the earth.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I know that's exactly what I was thinking. Oh swell..

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter