Monday, April 2, 2012

Readathon

Tweet This


"Tomorrow's the last day of the Readathon," says Gio.

"How do you feel about that?" I ask.

"Sad," answers.

"Why are you sad?" I ask. "You can still read when it ends."

"You get to read more during the Readathon," says Gio.

"You can read as much as you want," I say.

"I know," says Gio. "But I'm still sad."

Both boys read a lot. Gio reads 30-60 minutes a day, and Vinny probably gets in a few hours of reading on school days, and more on the weekend. But something about the Readathon inspires them to read even more.

Maybe Readathons should be held at every school in the country. Readathons make reading cool and fun, instead of making it a chore and hard work.


If a kid can read, then she can learn.




2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh good, you're back!
Happy reading!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes Sunday was April Fools Day....

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter