Friday, June 29, 2012

New Recruit

Tweet This

Mommy's Summer Surf Camp has a new recruit. Gio!

Of course, I'm paying him to surf instead of the other way around.

"I'll give you $5 if you surf for one hour," I bribe.  "I'll stay with you the entire time, I promise."

"Deal," says Gio.

Gio climbs on the surfboard and I begin pushing him over the breaking waves.

"Keep your mouth closed," I say, as the waves spray him in the face.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" screams Gio.

After a few minutes of foamy face washes, we make it outside. 

"Here comes a wave, get ready," I say.

I push the board in front of the white water. Suddenly, we are rocketing towards the beach together on the surfboard.

"Yeah" shouts Gio, at the end of the ride. "I rode a wave!"

Unfortunately, we had to go through the breaking waves, again, to catch the next ride.

"Take me to shore!" says Gio.

Instead of taking him to the beach, I power Gio and the surfboard through a few more waves. Before he can complain, we catch another white water wave. After his second ride I drop him off on the beach.

Gio lasted less than 10 minutes in the surf.  But considering his mantra is, "I'm never going to surf," he gets an A+ from Mommy's Summer Surf Camp. 

1 comment:

nana/mama said...

cute pixs

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter