Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Night Surfing

Tweet This

Surfing at night without headlamps, headlights or a lighting crew is like surfing blind. 

As visibility diminishes, I begin surfing by feel alone. With each take off I sightlessly hope for the best. 

Eventually, I realize the impossibility of the situation and paddle for the beach. Or if I'm lucky I catch a wave and go in while I can still see the sand.

Either way the lecture I get from Hubby is unavoidable, "It's 10 o'clock how could you have you been surfing?!"

"It's not 10 o'clock," I say high on waves. "It's only 9:45."

6 comments:

wendysurf said...

Getting an earful from my Mom.

nana/mama said...

And the lecture you will receive from your Mom will be even worse!!! We had a deal-no unsafe surfing. I only have one daughter!

Anonymous said...

The most fun!!!
Xo
Christina

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Only when you're there Canada!
Xo

Sara said...

I am not going to let my hubby see this post. Don't want him to get any, ahem, crazy ideas!!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Sara it's something a surfer does when surfing Carmel in the evening.............Good luck!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter