Sunday, September 16, 2012

Big Basin Redwoods State Park

Tweet This

Vinny went on a backpacking trip over the weekend with the Huz to Big Basin Redwoods State Park. On Saturday, they hiked approximately 12 miles. Today they hiked nearly ten miles!

There is one more day left in the backpacking trip, but after carrying a 15 pound back 22 miles in two days, Vinny is over it. I doubt I would have made it two miles with a pack that heavy.

"Mom, when you pick me up, bring snacks," texts Vinny.

I brought him snacks and then drove him straight to the the Crepe Place Restaurant.

He was so sore he hobbled from the car to the restaurant while simultaneously exclaiming, "Ow, ow, ow......."

But the bacon and egg crepe eased his pain a lot.

"This is so goooooood!" says Vinny.

I followed up the crepe with a foot massage after he showered off the caked on grime, and soaked in the tub.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"It only hurts when I move," answers Vinny.

"You're still going to school tomorrow," I inform him.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter