Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Friends

Tweet This

Photo by Jennifer Mench

This was Gio's last get together with his buddy C, before C moved to the other side of the country.

Now all I hear is, "I'm never going to see C, again," AND "Let's move to where C lives now."

Sadly, I knew C wasn't going to be around long, when we made friends with him and his sweet family. And I'll admit for a split second my Abandonement issues spoke out against forming a bond with these gypsies, but I calmed the voice.

"Don't worry lots of people have left us before and we've been okay," I say soothingly.

I continued on with, "besides, we never no know how long we have with anyone, even if they never plan on moving, our paths may only intersect for a short time, or for intermittent periods through out our lives."

And then I sealed the deal with that nagging voice in my head, "but a friend, no matter whether they are near or far physically, is someone who is always close to our hearts."

And it hurts to hear my son long for the company of his friend, so I had to come up with a solution, one we need to at least try: Skype, video conferencing via the Internet.

Are you in Jenn?

9 comments:

Heather said...

Skype is the perfect solution! Poor Gio.... it's tough when our friends move away. Hug the little guy hard, Wendy. :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Aw thanks Heather. You are such a sweet friend!

EndofTired said...

So totally in!! I have skype on the unloved laptop...so whenever you've got the time, give us a shout!

Kim Jay...Everyday said...

FRAME this sucker! Amazing.

EndofTired said...

The best part of the picture? The AWESOME time I had taking it!

Oh...and my word verifications are getting too close to graphic. LUBIC? Seriously??

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yes I opted for the Pr0n0 option on humanoid detection system.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Oh and Jenn Kim is a real life photog so that is a huge compliment! Of course you're a great photog too! Thanks for sharing

EndofTired said...

oH! Wow! Thanks Kim! Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendow.... This blog brought back memories from Senior year. I'm fortunate that you decided to throw caution to the wind and befriended me after all.
Yes, our physical presence only crossed paths for a short time. But the lasting impression of our times together has always left you near and dear to my heart.

Love Lara

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter