Monday, September 6, 2010

Sealedad Prison

Tweet This



There's always something exciting happening on the beach. Today, before I paddled out for some choice waves, I noticed a seal chillaxin' on the sand.

"Hey, did you see that seal over there?" I ask one of my surfing buddies, still on the beach.

"Yeah, don't play with him," he warns me.

Yeah right, then I offer, "darn I really wanted to take him home, so the kids could have a pet seal."

About an hour and half or so later, a crew from Marine Mammal Rescue showed up to capture the beached, possibly sickly, seal.

Suddenly, cheering erupted in the water, from the rebellious surfers.

"Run, dude, run!"

But the rescue team had a giant net and a blocking board, capturing the seal quickly. Though he put up a pretty good fight, nipping at one of his captor's bare feet.

"Aw, too bad, looks like he's going to Sealadad Prison," says a surfer dude.

Note: Our closest prison is named Soledad Prison, get it???

2 comments:

Eileen Begley said...

I got it! This seal was probably lucky to be going off to Sealadad!

Eileen

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah that's what I was thinking. :)

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter