Monday, September 5, 2011

Fort Ord Public Lands

Tweet This


The coyote is at the end of this road, but too faraway to see. Darn.

"Hey do you want to go for a 1 hour hike at Fort Ord Lands," text my neighbor. "Without kids."

I had already been to the beach for a 30 minute walk with the boys, but I text back "Sure!"

It wasn't until we got to the trail head that I remembered I'm not much of a hiker, or a fan of poison oak, rattle snakes and ticks.

"Are there snakes out here?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah," answers my neighbor. "We're in the wilderness, remember?"

"Right," I say.

Silly me.

About 20 minutes into our hike my Neighbor says, "Hey, look a Coyote!"

"He's pretty big," I say nervously. "He's not going to attack us, right?"

"Probably not," says my neighbor, who begins stomping her feet and clapping her hands to shoe the coyote away from us and our dogs.

"Are you sure that's a coyote?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure," replies my Neighbor.

"Do you think there's a pack of coyotes nearby?" I ask nervously.

"I hope not," answers my Neighbor.

We survived the hike without being attacked by wild coyotes, though every time a leaf rustled behind me, I turned around quickly ready to fend off an assault. Internet, I should probably just stick to the beach.

If you haven't been out to Fort Ord Public Lands, you'll find a splendid beauty packed with 80 miles of hiking, biking and horsebacking trails. The trails are fairly wide, so it's easy to avoid the poison oak. And it's a great escape from the coastal fog.

For trail maps and more information click here.

1 comment:

maymay said...

Nevertheless, rarely individuals such as Gattes, Expenses Entrance, Warren brazilian hair sale Trim HelĂș, Lawrence Ellison, Ingvar Kamprad. And so on., tend to be billionaires, or even millionaires, the majority of us are simply regular individuals with restricted cash. The majority of us think about it will likely be the waste materials associated with repayment to possess a substandard reproduction purses, after that, how about the actual top quality reproduction custom purses? Perhaps, investing in a Reflection Picture Reproduction Purses associated with top quality is going to be among the excellent options, nevertheless, it is important associated with selecting higher qaulity reproduction purses, or even reflection picture purses is actually a person understand the actual options that come with the actual top quality reproduction purses. Furthurmore, probably the most key elements within selecting the actual reflection picture reproduction purses associated with top quality is actually you'll find a trusted, safe, reliable vendor. GOOOODBAG group focused on end up being your very best vendor, and gives a person the following advice that will help you select top quality reproduction purses, identify the actual top quality reproduction purses, help to make your hard earned money nicely invested. Function 1: Materials utilized. Actual Leather-based or even PU leather-based is among the brazilian hair uk elements within informing the actual distinction between your top quality phony pures and also the substandard phony handbags.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter