Saturday, September 17, 2011

Coastal Cleanup 2011

Tweet This



Today, on facebook someone posted, "It's Coastal Cleanup Day!"

I quickly rallied the boys, "Let's go clean up the beach," even though the house is a mess.

I have my priorities in order. And at the top of my list are my kids, especially since I can't surf.

In my mind I thought, "This is a great opportunity for the kids to learn to take care of our Mother Earth.

Yeah, right.

"I don't want to go," says Vinny.

No surprise there.

"Thanks for sharing, and you're still going," I say.

I googled Coastal Cleanup 2011 locations, and learned there was a site at our very own beach in Marina.

Score!

The instructions were simple, BYOB (bring your own bucket) and gardening gloves.

Suddenly I found myself slamming on the Teach My Kids To Do Good brakes, "Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!"

"Honey, we need buckets and gloves!" I say.

"We have buckets, but the kids don't have gloves," says Hubby, after rummaging through the maze, we fondly refer to as the garage.

"Could you go get some, please, so I can finish getting ready?" I ask.

"Sure," agrees Hubby.

"I'll go with him," offers Gio.

*******Thanks to the Huz for going to pick up gloves, and he did it fast!*******

We made it to the beach about thirty minutes after the Coastal Cleanup began. We checked in, and began searching for trash. There wasn't a lot of garbage, but there was plenty of whine.

"Is our time up?" asks Gio.

"How much longer?" asks Vinny after 15 minutes.

"The next log I find I'm going to have a seat and eat my snack," says Vinny.

"Where did you get the snack?" I ask.

"When we checked in," replies Vinny.

"I'm going to join bro bro on the log," says Gio.



"We've walked so far, we've come upon another beach," says Vinny. "It's time to go back."

"We aren't finding anymore trash, it seems like beach cleanup is over," says Gio.

Wanting to make this an teaching moment I ask, "Why is it important to clean up the beach?"

"Because trash kills plants and animals," says Vinny. "Plus, you get screen (video game) time."

Apparently, my kid has his priorities in order, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this point, Subsequently in the event most of us look at fossil u-boat replica wristwatches subsequently, there're best known with regards to preferences. You can certainly invest in fossil wristwatches on the net having good reductions. That doesn't just enrich look although will allow you to be think more confident in addition to at ease. Most of these wristwatches usually are very best into their pattern rolex replica in addition to coloration. You possibly can opt for almost any coloration that you'd like to help have on. They've already broad range connected with colorings into their stock options. With the adult males, this spirits possesses modified to help sexy, strong, sturdy in addition to virile. Joel (this type) possesses good-looking appears to be in addition to his or her blue-eyes required males fixed some sort of broody in addition to patek philippe replica brawny feel. The aim with the males marketing plan seemed to be electric power in addition to maleness compared to the prior advertising. This Fastrack campus variety delivers in excess of age 14 combining that has a range of prices by 1000 rupees. This Fastrack Wristwatches charges with The indian subcontinent make it possible for the patron to discover the 1750 rupees hublot replica wristwatches on all around 1000. This neon model wristwatches have more in comparison with 20 types while using the charges between rupees 1200. Fastrack XY line are very affordable featuring a lot of coloration combining. You will discover unique rolex replica uk libraries of which accommodate the many men's sexuality, and this also advertising campaign facilitates each features along.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter