Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nick Vujicic and Bethany Hamilton

Tweet This



Today, I went to see the neurologist with all my fingers and toes crossed that he'd release me to surf again.

He. Did. Not.

I spent some time pounding my fists, and kicking my legs, while crying, which sounded just like this, "Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Boohoooooo, and pooooooooor me!"

Then I had a realization.

I told myself, "It's time to stop trying to figure out when you can go surfing, again. Your erroneous expectation is creating false hope and major let down. You're becoming difficult to live with. And in case you haven't noticed, I'm stuck with you."

I continued on: "You need a new mantra, and here it is, so write it down in your smart aleck phone, because, trust me, you'll lose the post-it note; I will surf again. I just don't know when."



And now it's time for some sweet inspiration!

The other day one of my Mom's friend posted a video of a guy, Nick Vujicic, who was born without arms and limbs.

I find him very inspiring. What I heard him say was, "I'm not here to show you someone worse off than yourself.....I'm here to show you hope in God's love."

In my mind, of course I changed God to Goddess, but that isn't the point. The point is God Is Love.

Check out Nick surfing with Bethany Hamilton in the video below. Viewers be warned it's inspiring.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter