Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Program Take 1

Tweet This


The boys with my Mama.

Tonight we went to the first night of the boys' school HOLIDAY Program.

When we arrived in an untimely, but not late, fashion the usher says, "There are no seats down here, you might want to try the balcony."

"Try the balcony?" I repeat confused. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Anyways, Uma Usher was just being negative, or following theater protocol, because there were plenty of seats in the balcony.

"Phew!"


"Hello, down there!"


Despite being far away, I could actually see Gio quite well thanks to my high powered binoculars that I happened to have in my purse. Just kidding, but I wish I wasn't.

I really could see Gio, but I'll be able to see him much better when my $20 professionally recorded DVD arrives in a few months.

Which leads me to my next question. Why do people record the Holiday Program, FROM THE BALCONY, when they can buy a professionally recorded DVD for $20?

Hello iPeople, the iPhone is great, but not as good as a professional video camera.


Anywho, tonight brought tears to my eyes. I was estatic to be at the Holiday Program this year. Remember last year we didn't make it because the Huz and I were with Vinny at UCSF Children's Hospital not having any fun at all, and missing Gio horribly.

A few days ago Gio asks, "Are you guys coming to the Holiday Program this year?"

"Oh, do you think we aren't coming because Vinny was sick and we had to miss last year?" I ask.

"Yeah," answers Gio. "But at least Nana and Aunty Ri were there."

"We'll be there I promise," I say, knowing the odds are in our favor this year.

Life can be traumatic, but we all survived, though we have some scars, both physical and emotional.

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

Or drives you to prescription drugs, alcohol and cheap. But nobody ever mentions that do they? Wait. I think I just did. Don't worry I'm not going all Amy Winehouse on you, I'm just taking the edge off, so I don't fall off the edge of this thing we call life..............

And on that note, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Cranking Kwanza to you!

1 comment:

nana/mama said...

So glad to be with my family at the River School Christmas program. Little one looked so cute in his pinstriped suit that I bought. That child loves to dress and act whatever role he thinks suits his clothing. Last night was JAMES BOND.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter