Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today Sucked

Tweet This



Here's how the morning began:


"Mommy will you get up?" asks Gio.

"If you turn on the heater," I bargain.

"Mommy can you bring me the Throw Up Bucket!" squeals Gio from his bed.

I bolt out of my bed, into the bathroom for the empty trash can, thanks Hubby, then to Gio's room just in the nick of time.

"Baaaaaaaarf," says Gio, into the bucket.

It would have been fine if Gio only barfed once. But he barfs two, three, four more times.

I was busy working myself into a lather, when Hubby says, "You Need To Go Surfing. Now."

So I did. But when I got to the beach I feel worried, so I make like E.T. and phone home, "How's Gio?"

"He just threw up, again," says Hubby.

This is all too reminiscent of Vinny's appendicitis for me. Yes, I'm still traumatized, go ahead and judge me.


"Have him jump up and down," I say, wanting an immediate appendicitis test.

"What?" asks Hubby.

Then Hubby slowly says, "He. Just. Threw. Up."

"That's okay, have him jump up and down," I say.

"You need to go surfing," commands Hubby.

"Well, can you at least feel his tummy to see if it's painful?" I ask nicely.

"Okay," says Hubby. "Does that hurt?"

"No," says Gio.

"Did you press really hard?" I ask.

"Yes," says Hubby. "Now go surfing!"

Update: Gio seems to be feeling better. He's keeping down liquids, and he's eaten some toast and oatmeal. Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a GOOD man ya got there! Hugs for little G.

Kim Jay :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

He is! Thanks Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter