Sunday, December 4, 2011

Risotto

Tweet This



Today I made risotto with baked zucchini. Well, I made my portion with zucchini, the guys take it plain.

I never even knew what Risotto was until a few months ago. I thought it was a type of pasta, but it's made from Aborio rice. Internet, do you know what that means?! It means it's gluten free and I can eat it!

Anyways, as I said I was introduced to the makings of Risotto a few months ago, when Gio's first grade class made it during school. Making Risotto is easy peasy when there are 20 kids to do all the stirring.

But when it's just me, well there's way too much stirring.

"How much stirring?" asks the Internet.

Stirring, stirring and, yet, more stirring. And just when I think I'm finished, more stirring, stirring, stirring. At times, it seems the stirring will never end. But after an hour and a half or so the stirring ends.

"Wow that is a lot of stirring," says the Internet.

Tell me about it.

Today was the third time I made Risotto, and it was by far the best. Risotto is a lot of work, but it's worth it. And besides, the two big guys I live with LOVE it.

"Mom, this Risotto is the best ever!" raves Vinny.

Yes, the words of praise keep me stirring, as the Risotto song plays in my head.

"You stir me right round, baby right round, like Risotto baby, right round, round, round."

2 comments:

nana/mama said...

Two big guys? What about the third big guy? Sounds good.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Gio won't touch it :(

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter