Thursday, July 15, 2010

And My Bikini Didn't Fall Off

Tweet This



I surfed for three hours this morning. It was fun, and I got back just in time for Hubby to surf. The boys wanted to go to the pool and the beach.

There was a bit of arguing about which was going to happen first. Finally, we decided we'd hit the pool, then the beach. And I'm so glad we did.

We were on the beach about ten minutes when I saw Hubby coming back from surfing.

"Hi, honey, can I take your board out for a quick spin, pleeeeeeeeeeease?" I beg.

"Sure, but you don't have your wetsuit," says Hubby.

"Oh, I'll be fine," I assure him. "I'm only going to catch one wave."

"Uh, huh," he says doubtfully, referring to the one wave part.

I jumped in the water in my bikini, thank goodness I've been doing my ab work daily, with his new surfboard in hand. It was a bit chilly, so I took the nestea plunge to adjust my entire body to the brisk water temperature quickly.

It worked, and I comfortably began paddling out to the surf zone. Every wave that passed over my body, on my way to the line up, tugged at my bathing suit.

"Oh well, at least I have a towel on the beach if I lose my suit," I say to myself.

Yes, that has happened before. I'm sure most surfer girls have at least one "my bathing suit fell off while I was surfing" stories. (Feel free to leave your story in the comment section, please.)

Once in the line up, it only took a few minutes to catch a wave. It was so fun I had to paddle out for another one. I felt free without the paddling restriction of a wetsuit.

I caught a second wave, and went in on it. Of course, I could have surfed another hour, but I figured I'd go in before Hubby lost his patience, and while I still had a bathing suit.

3 comments:

pikaki said...

surfing in a bikini is all the more exciting for me bcause I have to try extra hard NOT to get worked. Last year at trestles, I got worked (on a small wave) and my bikini top was up around my neck, I didn't realize it until I got on my board and my nipples were sticking to the wax. hurry home darling and bring some of those waves back with you!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Omg! Lol!

Chanel iPhone 6 Wallet Cases said...

It’s clear that this phone is still in the development/testing phase and that we probably won’t get the whole picture for several months. Take Galaxy Note 5 display rumors for instance.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter