Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Weekend Huz!

Tweet This

"Okay, boys we need to get home for Daddy's birthday," I say, on the playground.

"Oh it's Stefan's birthday?" asks a friend. "What did you get him?"

"A skateboard," I reply.

"A skateboard?" asks my friend puzzled. "Wait, whose birthday is it? Vinny's?"

"Stefan, the Dad," I say. "We have a ton of skateboards."

"Oh! So he collects skateboards? " she says, even more confused.

"No, he rides them," I say.

"Did you buy him a helmet, and elbow pads, too?" asks my friend, laughing.

"No, we have loads of pads, and skateboards," I say.

"Why do you need more than one skateboard?" asks my friend.

I didn't know we needed a reason to have tons of skateboards, but I gave her a few, for the fun of it.

"Well, Vinny likes to ride the longboard," I say. Then we have two surf stiks, and our regular skateboards, plus a bunch of others."

And I'm pretty sure my explanation only made sense to me.....

"But our favorite skateboard, right now, is the new one," I say. "I rode it at the skatepark today. It was soooooo fun!"

"You went to the skate park by yourself?!" asks my friend. "Without the kids?"

"No, I met some friends there," I say. "And we had the place all to ourselves."



Happy Birthday Weekend Honey! Keep skating!


Photo by One True Mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Love You, Me.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Haha! love love love!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter