Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Muppets

Tweet This

Last night we took the boys to see, "The Muppets," movie. Internet, normally, I don't take the boys to see children's movies in the theater, ever since the whole lice debacle, anyways. It's too risky.

But the Muppets are so inspiring, I broke my own rule. Hopefully, I won't itch to regret it.

"Honey, can you check my hair?" I ask scratching my scalp. "My hair feels itchy."

And now back to our regularly scheduled movie review of "The Muppets."

Anywho, "The Muppets," movie was entertaining for both kids and adults. Big people will especially appreciate all the 80s jokes and music. I did, anyways. Though I have to admit I was a bit worried The Muppets was going to be a dud for the first twenty minutes of the film.

The main problem with the beginning of The Muppets is that it had only one Muppet with far too many campy, sappy, singing, dancing humans. That's just the wrong human to Muppet ratio in a film titled, "The Muppets."

Also, normally I love Amy Adams, but neither she nor Jason Segal had any chemistry in this movie. Together or apart, in my opinion. Maybe because they were trying to HARD to be cute and/or funny like Muppets, but they were NOT.

As "The Muppets," progressed the movie picked up all the usual Muppets along the way, including Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie Bear, Kermit the Frog, Ms. Piggy, Beaker and many, many more. There were also cameo appearances by David Grohl (Foo Fighters), Selena Gomez, Jack Black and other Hollywood stars.

The soundtrack to, "The Muppets," was fun, including Muppet classics, "Rainbow Connection," and "Mah Na Mah Na." Though there were a few songs, sung by humans, that made me wish I had packed my earplugs, such as "Am I A Man Or A Muppet," and a few others not worth mentioning.

The boys loved, "The Muppets," though they would have preferred more scenes with the Swedish Chef, and "the torekey."

"My favorite scene was when the Swedish Chef blow torched the refrigerator," says Vinny.

Overall, Vinny and I collectively give the movie a B.

3 comments:

Wendall said...

I saw it too with 3 generations of relatives on Friday. The young kids and the grandfolks loved it. I've had a crush on Kermit for years.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

The studies support this as well gucci replica. Laughter truly is the best medicine, providing a boost to the immune system andcardiovascular system, replica louis vuitton and zapping stress. Laughter has been shown to improve the specific cells of the immune system involved in battling bugs and cancer louis vuitton replica. There is also a relaxation of the blood vessels that occurs with laughter that can help to dior replica lower blood pressure. An added benefit iwc replica? Laughter, including fake laughter, has been shown to burn calories similar to some forms ubout replica of cardiovascular exercise.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter