Monday, November 14, 2011

The King of Anything

Tweet This


The Line Up.

Sometimes I am just not in the mood for unsolicited advice. Blame it on the tide. Or my yellow aura, which takes on an attitude of juvenile defiance when someone tells it what to do.

The other day, at the beach the BFF and I were discussing which peak we were going to surf. I brought two surfboards, and I was debating between paddling out on my 5"7', designed for smaller waves, and my 5"10', better suited for head high plus sized waves.

"Where are we surfing?" I ask. "If we surf that peak, I'm taking my bigger board out."

"Yeah, let's go to the bigger peak," says the BFF, amped.

That's when Surfer Joe, decides to offer his help. We didn't ask Prince Not Charming to come to our aid, but he must have sensed our girly helplessness.

"You should paddle out way down there, by the rocks," offers Surfer Joe. "It's an easier paddle out down there."

I ALMOST didn't say anything, but Surfer Joe should at least be able to follow the conversation if he's going to interrupt it.

"Thanks," I say. "But I've been surfing here for twenty-five years. I know where to paddle out."

Surfer Joe wasn't listening though.

"Well, it really is a lot easier if you paddle out down there," says Surfer Joe, pointing furiously towards the rocks.

Sensing the pointlessness of trying to convince Surfer Joe we "girls," knew what we were doing, we ignore him, and paddle out, me on my bigger surfboard.

I'd been sitting in the lineup for a little over five minutes, when Surfer Joe paddles up to me from the south, huffing and puffing. He was just getting out to the line up, and, of course, he felt the need to converse with me, again.

"Wow, you two paddled right out without any trouble?!" says Surfer Joe, surprised. "I guess you've done this a few times."

"Yep," I say.

And that reminds me of this song.......



3 comments:

nana/mama said...

I think that is my theme song.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Hahaha yeah it runs in the family.

Anonymous said...

Are you currently any gizmo freak? Engineering provides chucked intelligent timepieces directly into the lap. replica chanel Acquire telephone calls, verify emails or perhaps verify the weather, a brilliant observe manages almost everything to suit your needs. rolex replica uk What’s a lot more will be, it is possible to actually count on these kinds of timepieces as the brand names offer you high quality goods and possess attained the faithfulness making use of their touch screen phone array. rolex replica One more a look at engineering progressing 7 days a week will be, it is possible to keep in the home and also purchase the particular observe you wish. rolex replica uk Internet vendors supply the item in your door. replica hublot Rupa Aggarwal could be the popular article writer the following i will be outlining regarding it will be normal that you might want timepieces which may have characteristics just like chronograph, lap-timing characteristic, a lot of space for storing, stopwatch etc.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter