Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year 2012

Tweet This


Happy Leap Day, Internet!

Though how happy is it to be born on Leap Day? Not very, in my opinion. Unless, perhaps, you are a Jehovah's Witness, who doesn't celebrate birthdays. Then that would be rather convenient wouldn't it?

Persons born in a leap year, usually celebrate their birthdays on February 28, or less commonly on March 1. Better early, or late for that matter, than once every four years.

The reason for adding one extra day to the year, every four years is to keep the yearly calendar in sync with the seasonal calendar.

According to my calculations, I was born during a leap year. If I had been born on February 29th of my birth year I would only be 11 years young.

Maybe Leap Years are a great idea afterall?
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter