Monday, March 12, 2012

Concussed

Tweet This



Today, I had a message on my cellphone from the school nurse.

"I had the pleasure of meeting your son Gio today," says the School Nurse.

Before she could say anything else, my stomach begins turning upside down and inside out, then my brain says, "Gio has lice! Why else would the school nurse be calling?"

Then I listened to the rest of the nurse's message.

"Gio fell and hit his head today," says the Nurse. "He was dizzy after hitting his head. He seems fine now, but you should watch for signs of a concussion including headache, blurred vision, nausea, vomitting, and confusion."

I felt relief for about a millisecond.

"No lice! Hooray! Concussion, oh no!"


Anyways, Gio has been okay so far tonight.

"How did you hit your head?" I ask.

"I was sitting at the lunch table," explains Gio. "Jenny reached across me to give someone the cheese touch. I didn't want the cheese touch, so I went like this (he leans back) fell off the bench, and hit my head."

"Ouch!" I say. "Does it hurt?"

"Only when I lay on hard earth," answers Gio.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter