Saturday, March 31, 2012

Polarity

Tweet This



Life on Earth is all having both sides of the story. Staying sane, especially for parents, requires having a grasp of the fact that life is a balance of opposites.

Good versus bad. Health versus illness. Joy versus sadness. Peace versus war.

Five minutes before taking this picture, Vinny and Gio were screaming, "Give it to me!" and "Thats mine!"

And I was ready to runaway to an uninhabited tropical island with perfect waves.

Then remarkably minutes later the boys are working together and getting along like nothing ever happened.

Huh?

The secret to parenting more than one child is knowing siblings will have their conflicts, which being an only child, I've had to learn the hard way. Since fighting is inevitable, the goal is to prevent bodily injury, which is easily achieved by a physical separation and a cooling off period. So far this had worked.

Their bickering, though I detest it, makes me appreciate and adore when the boys get along.

"Wow you guys are getting along so well," I say, making sure to point out their desired behavior. "I love it!"

And when my strategic tactics fail there is always Plan B, Operation Tropical Island.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter