Friday, March 9, 2012

Drywall In!

Tweet This

Internet, the bathroom remodel is progressing as planned. The green board, moisture resistant drywall which is really purple, is on the wall.  The hardy backer is also installed.

The vintage glass for the decorative band arrived today. Also, the new sink is in the house! Things are going well.

In other news, tonight the boys' school held a Mother Son Dance.

For weeks and weeks both boys insisted, "No way are we going to the dance."

Then suddenly Gio asks, "Can you do jazz dance or does everyone have to do ballroom dancing?"

"You can do jazz dance," I say worried.

"I'm definitely going to the dance,"

I'm pretty sure Gio's change of beat can be blamed on his Nana.  And I'm certain Vinny's sudden agreement to go was due to her bribery.

Mothers. I can say that, because I am one.

Hmfph.

The dance party was crazy. Imagine100 boys ages 5-11, running around playing tag while hyped up on Gatorade and an unlimited supply of delicious cookies.

Even better the party goers were armed with weapons in the likes of glow sticks and beach balls. One Mom got beaned in the head with
a beach ball, that I saw, but I'm sure there were more causalities than that.

This post would be incomplete without mention of the glow sticks being tethered together and swung around like lethal ropes. Of course, with this rough play the poor glow sticks were mortally wounded spattering glow juice everywhere, leaving many moms wondering, "Eww, is this stuff toxic?" 

Then there was the music. The volume was way past LOUD, set at the level of, "Are you nuts?" 

Yes, one hour of Mother Son Dance Party pandemonium felt like a lifetime. But thankfully it went by fast.

As we left the party my Mom says, "That wasn't  anything like what I expected." 

"It was totally what I expected," I say happy we both got out of the party unscathed.

The boys had a blast. And my Mom and I were thoroughly entertained.

Tonight, I will sleep like Baby Kate, except with my eyes closed. ;)

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter