Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Parent Teacher Conference

Tweet This

It's that time of year again: parent teacher conferences! This year Vinny's conference has a major twist: Instead of his terrific teacher being in charge of the meeting, Vinny is the leader.

On our way to the conference I ask, "Are you nervous?"

"Not at all," says Vinny confidently.

I guess he doesn't take after me, conferences usually make me feel jittery. Though he has known us his entire life making stage fright unlikely.

Once the conference begins, Vinny takes charge like a professional teacher. He leads us through his classroom pointing out his projects and explaining them articulately.

Vinny considers his writing and math skills to be tops. But he mentions areas in school where he is working to improve, such as working better in groups and understanding the author's purpose better.

I'm sure I can improve in those areas too. Maybe he and I can work on this together?

Though I was impressed with his entire presentation my favorite parts were when he said, "Writing comes to me easily," and "I'm great at math!"

Yay!

The conference left me smiling and feeling proud of my son.


**Note

This post was part of my parent teacher conference homework assignment.



3 comments:

nana/mama said...

Very funny on your part and great on my grandson's part. He is so smart and confident. Reminds me of my child.

Sara said...

I used to do student-led conferences when I was teaching...good stuff!! way to go Vinny!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Student led conferences give kids ownership and responsibility. Yay!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter