Monday, November 30, 2009

Defying Gravity Wicked

Tweet This


"Defying Gravity," from the smash-hit Broadway musical Wicked, is one of the most inspiring songs, ever.

And it isn't too late to catch the production in San Francisco at the Orpheum. I've been twice and I'd go again, and again, and again. Yes, it's that good.

Anyways back to the song. For me, this song is about being imperfectly ME, listening to and following my inner voice, playing by my own rules. After all, I am the only one who can be imperfectly ME, , without being some cheap imitation.

Cheap imitations are ok for purses and wallets, but for people, well, you're the only YOU the world has got, so what are YOU waiting for? Close your eyes and leap.

Warning: This isn't the easiest path and definitely not for wimps or the faint of heart.

Motto: What others think of me, is none of my business. (I'm not talking about being rude, I'm talking about BEING REAL.)

Hmmmmm, this sounds so familiar? Have I said this before? Oh well, I guess I need to hear it again, and again, and again...........

Some choice lyrics from "Defying Gravity":

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity

2 comments:

Stefan said...

I have lots of homework. Can I have a homework pass? Thanks!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

you can have anything you want

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter