Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fallout

Tweet This

The Ironic Evidence.

My oldest son doesn't do well when he has more than a tiny bit of sugar. When I say not well, think of the awesomest bomb of anger, exploding, upon which we are sent straight to parenting hell!

The day after Halloween, he was off the charts behaviorally though we hadn't GIVEN him more than two or three pieces of candy.

"What's going on?" we wondered, but it was drowned out by "I hate you!" and "leave me alone!" and other things that are too embarrassing to mention.

But I couldn't leave him alone. I had to to take out all the light bulbs in his room, because he wouldn't take a shower. And I felt if he couldn't take a shower then he shouldn't get to read.

I know it seems counter intuitive to take away reading, but it isn't with him. He loves reading as much as eating, and it's the right thing to do.

After about an hour and some sort of smooth talking by his Nana, he got in the shower. He got his light bulbs back and he was reading in his room. My hubby went back to check on him.

"I'm feeling better," says Vinny.

Then my husband smelled candy, and decided an undercover investigation was in order.

"Great, let me fix your sheets, then," says Hubby.

Sure enough hiding under the sheets was a candy stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Honey, we're in big trouble," says Hubby, as he describes the crime scene.

I'm left wondering how can the teenage years be worse? I'm sure they are, but please don't explain it to me. I can only handle what's happening right now, I can't worry about the future.
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter