Monday, November 2, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

Tweet This

The book.

Every kid's parents should see "Where The Wild Things Are," but leave the kids at home.

I say leave the kids at home because it's a movie brimming with intense emotion, mainly anger, themes of abandonment, loneliness, divorce and child abuse. I guess if I had tweenagers or teenagers I would let them watch it and prepare for a counseling session, afterwards.

My husband and I went on a date night without the kids. Hubby didn't want to go, but when we walked out of the movie he said, "hey, that was a pretty good."

I loved it!!!!

I could relate to this movie as parent currently residing with not one, but TWO Wild Things. Children have wild imaginations, wild amounts of unlimited physical energy, and they are wildly sensitive.

Wild Things does a great job of depicting how sensitive kids are to what's going on in their environment, as well as, what's going on with their parents. And the movie also reminds us, how much guidance today's children need from their parents.

Being a kid, is as hard or even harder than being a parent, at times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - not for little-little ones. My kids are older: 9, 11 & 13 and really want to see the movie. We've read the book over & over since they were 5.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah I'm thinking in a way it would be good for older kids but then do they really need the extra stress. Probably not

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter