Saturday, November 28, 2009

Slow Down

Tweet This

Briar Kitty and Me.


A few days ago, at the beach, I saved my friend's dog from getting hit by a car with my scream.

Yes, I have skills, though in fairness it was a team effort. We screamed in unison, the driver heard us, hit the brakes and barely missed her dog.

"Phew!"

He. Never. Saw. The. Dog.

So, a week later, when Surfer Dude was speeding down the road, I couldn't help but say something. Yes, I have a severe case of SUS, also known as SpeakUp Syndrome.

"I hate to start the day off with a lecture, but Briar is running around here somewhere, would ya mind driving slower," I plead.

"Oh yeah, what's up with that cat does he live at the beach?" asks Surfer Dude.

"No his person brings him to the beach, when she surfs," I say.

"Hey look there he is now!" says Surfer Dude, pointing under my car.

Briar Kitty has purrfect timing.

1 comment:

pikaki said...

thanks for keeping an eye out for Briar. sometimes i think he runs in the road to do speed checks. maybe i should get him a florescent orange vest with a stop sign on it.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter