Friday, December 18, 2009

Andrew Molera State Park

Tweet This


I love surfing this spot. Obviously, it's a river mouth. The wave can be really fun. But what I really love is the patchwork quilt of salt and fresh water, and swishing it around, in my mouth. It's like sipping coffee and tea from separate straws, simultaneously.

When Hubby reads this I know exactly what he'll say, "don't put that stuff in your mouth!"

Yes, surfing used to be my neti pot or mouth wash, depending on my mood. Until Hubby caught me snorting salt water while we were surfing, in Mexico.

"Stop that!" exclaims Hubby. "The water is dirty."

Yes, it was then, I realized, maybe, surfing and sinus infections were connected. So I stopped inhaling Pacific Ocean, going cold turkey, right then and there.

Of course, when I'm caught inside while paddling out, or going over the falls of a wave (think waterfall) the neti pot is mandatory, and filled with Goddess knows what. My nose, knows, those oceanic amoebas love to party.

"There's a party in my sinuses so yummy so yummy."



Video demo of some poor soul getting sucked over the falls. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter