Friday, December 4, 2009

Sully's Live Crab Monterey Bay

Tweet This


After surfing some fun waves the other day I received a text message, "come by and get some crab," from my friend Sully the Crabber.

These are live crabs, Internet. Crabs S.C.R.E.A.M.

I almost drove past the exit, but I didn't want to be rude, so I stopped by to say, "hi."

"How many crabs do you want?" asks Sully.

"Uh, no thanks, no crab for me," I say squeamishly. "I'll wait for salmon season."

"Oh, you don't like crab?" asks Sully.

"I love crab, but, er, um, they're alive," I say.

"Oh well,then, you gotta take some," insists Sully. "But I better not find out you released them into a tide pool."

"Don't worry, I won't............unless the kids start crying...."

And just like when the kids are in the back of the car, the crabs SCREAMED all the way home.

I handed over the bag of crabs to my Rock Star Hubby. Then I promptly went to find a hiding spot at the far end of the house. Vinny followed me.

"Are you hiding from the crabs, too?" I ask.

"No, I'm getting my light saber," says Vinny.

After a lot of hiding (me) and screaming (crabs and boys) we had fresh cooked crab, literally. The crab was melt-in-my-mouth delicious.

Even better, my husband is now a ROCK STAR Crab Cooker.

Note: Sully's sale Friday and Saturday; 2 crabs for $15 (normally $10 per crab)on the island (just before you cross the bridge) in Moss Landing, California A-Dock, Fishing Vessel Gardenia
@831-254-7006
HOURS FRIDAY 130PM UNTIL DARK SATURDAY 8AM UNTIL DARK OR UNTIL SOLD OUT




 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter