Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You're The Miracle

Tweet This


My focus for the last three or four years, has been simple, yet terrifying. Being me. Not some pretend version of me, or a version anyone else wants me to be.

It's not as scary as it was in the beginning. But frequently lurking in the back of mind is the thought, "this person isn't going to like me if I say what I'm really feeling, seeing, thinking."

How could someone not like a fun, honest, inspiring person? That's what I tell myself anyways. When I speak my truth, I usually remember, it is MY truth, not the other person's truth, though I'm right about 80% of the time. ;-)

And at some point, I realize the truth of the saying, "it's none of my business what other people think of me."

I highly recommend it. It's fun being me. I'm more in tune with my intuition, my own feelings, subconscious thought patterns, and what other people are thinking and feeling.

This allows me to be more compassionate with myself, as well as everyone else. And right about now, the world could use more compassion.

5 comments:

pikaki said...

love this. :) thank you!

Heather said...

(clap, clap, clap) awesome post, wendy!!

EndofTired said...

The best part is getting to watch you be you. And read about it, too!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Awesome thanks H J And B! Just wrote this today off the top of my head. Bumper stickers are so inspirational!

Sara said...

I can always count on you to remind of of these Very Important Things every now and then--gracias!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter