Saturday, May 8, 2010

Surf Jones

Tweet This
Well, it is that time of year, again. Winter is over. Pumping north west swells generated in Alaska, are done til next season. Save for the occasional freak swell that teases surfers for a day, and leave us hard up, wanting more.

"More, more, more........."

Yes, Winter is gone. Spring is here. Onshore winds, churn up, ice cold freezer water, creating junky, sloppy surf.

Yes, Spring has me praying for a "good" windswell. I'm not even surf if there is such a thing?

I feel as if I've been surfing great waves since last summer. And now not so much. Though there were those two epic days, last week....

I miss my lover. Small, short, fast waves that allow one smashing turn, if I'm lucky, are barely worth a 4 o'clock in the morning alarm. Or an hour and a half drive.

What other choice is there? It was something, tomorrow there could be nothing. No. Thing.

I'm thinking I could get a new hobby, like cleaning the house. But where's the fun in that?

On that note, I dedicate this song to my soul mate, The Ocean. I wish she'd get herself to the doctor for that much needed iron shot, and treat that anemia once and for all.

Then we'd have perfect waves, everyday. And "that's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I liiiike it, uh huh, uh huh."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surf jones for reals...

I miss everydays...


Christina

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I miss you Canada!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You too... haven't seen you in a while :(

You should look at the Carmel pinecone... It's pretty funny this week.... (front page)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

As a rule, I don't read the tabloids.....I have my standards ya know ;)

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter