Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mammogram

Tweet This


Okay guys maybe you don't want to read this post, cause it is about my boobs. And well, the twins, yes they're fraternally identical, I think????

Anyways, the kittens belong to Hubby, and he went to West Point, so I think you get my point here (He will open a can of woop butt on anyone who so much as thinks about thinking about the girls). Besides, this isn't twitter, where women post their bosoms for profile pictures, to raise breast cancer awareness via #boobieviewed.

I'm not that dedicated, however, I imagine the five guys who ACTUALLY read (yes, I know some of you come for the pictures, and I'm okay with that) this blog just signed up for twitter, or reacitavted their accounts, if they aren't on it already.

Girls, today, I'm getting devirginized. I'm having my very first mammogram, EVER. I'm more than a little nervous. And not just from the thought of them finding cancer, or heaven forbid, expired milk in my ducts.

What has me shaking in my flip flops is the smashing parts. I have a feeling it isn't going to be good smashing, either

Wait. Maybe the guys, can relate, after all. Okay, Men, Think ball smashing, without all the pain and passing out business. Yeah, exactly, no fun. No fun at all.

Right now I could use a little support from Hubby. (Let's go see what he says.)

"Honey, I'm getting my first mammogram today," I say. "I could use some support, and I'm not talking about my bra here. I was wondering if you could go with me and hold my boob, dear?"


5 comments:

Heather said...

Piece of cake, Wendy. If you can handle the wild surf, you can handled getting smooshed. ;)

(I've already had 3 and lived to tell about it, LOL!)

Sara said...

"expired milk"--hahaha!
You'll be fine. But what do I know? I'll talk to you in a few more years. ;)

Anonymous said...

I waited to have my first one at 51 cuz I had 2 lumps....scary. But they were bruises from falling off my bike. It was a lot to think about until I knew I was OK. I still don't like them and feel that maybe we don't need them once a year cuz who needs all the radiation. I hope yours goes OK and you reshape well after the squishing. xo

allconsoffun said...

wendy, i can't wait to read the update. here's to praying for clear films & no worries....xo

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Hey so the update is I had to reschedule cause no one mentioned the no kids rule. Not sure how I feel about this? On one hand rather would have gotten it over with, on the other hand I'm a huge fan of avoidance.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter