Friday, May 14, 2010

Hubby Rocks!

Tweet This

Hubby is an AWESOME TEACHER! Congrats Love!!!!



I have to take a minute, in this post, to tell the Internet, Hubby is awesome. Not only did he win the "2010 Mildred Willemsen Award" for excellence in teaching, he's a freaky cool Husband, as well as, the BEST Dad in the UNIVERSE to our boys.

Most importantly, he can handle me. He doesn't run out the door screaming, anymore. There's never any guessing how I'm feeling, because I'm a direct, honest person. If I'm sad, or mad, I say it.

Many people find this terrifying. And maybe he's all "feel the fear and do it, anyways," but that's okay with me. He even allows himself to get mad back, now. I'm so proud of him.

When I'm in a tizzy, he always makes me laugh, most of the time. I can be myself with him, and he really gets me.

He understands surfing isn't just fun for me. Surfing is something I NEED to do everyday, as the ocean allows. The salt water cleanses my aura. Being in the water, allows me to expand, daydream and meditate.

True we aren't perfect. But who needs perfect? I just need happy. Marriage is a work in progress, and we are always "working on it." If you know me, you know that is no walk in the park. It's more like paddling out in frigid water, duck-diving a thousand pounding waves, before ever catching a ride. Sounds fun to me.

Today, is Friday, and Friday means I don't have to wake up at 6a.m. to make lunch and breakfast, like I do Monday through Thursday.

Hubby and Vinny go out to breakfast with a group of teachers every Friday. Yay, for me, ooops, I mean them.

Anyways, I do have one requirement that must be fulfilled by Hubby, before I rise from bed to make the first two meals of the day.

I. Won't. Get. Out. Of. Bed. Until. The. Coffee. Alarm. Goes. "BEEP. BEEP. BEEP."

And I don't even have to remind him to make coffee, anymore.

It is just easier to get out of bed at 6 a.m. when I know the coffee is ready for consumption. More importantly, it allows me to have Hubby and Vinny out the door by 7a.m.

My point here is that, even though Friday is my "day off," Hubby still makes coffee for me. And he still manages to be out the door around six-ish. It is a small act of kindness, but a huge to deal to me.

The little things in life make all the difference for me, and of course, so does the sex.

I heart him.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you've got a good man, Wendy. Kudos to you both for making it work & working as a team to make life happen.

Oh, and congrats and for his award, too! *clap, clap*

Sara said...

Congrats, Stefan! And, you two are such rock stars!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter