Friday, October 14, 2011

Monterey Bay Aquarium Great White Shark Exhibit

Tweet This

The Great White Shark.

"Hey let's go check out the new great white shark at the aquarium," I say.

As usual Vinny says, "No way!" and Gio says,"Sure!"

But once we got to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Vinny was like a kid in, well, an aquarium.

Gio on the other hand wasn't.

"Okay let's get out of here," says Gio, tugging on my jacket.

"We just got here," I say. "Let me take a few more pictures of the great white shark, please."

The Monterey Bay Aquarium does not allow flash photography in the great white shark exhibit, making it impossible to get a good shot in the low light.

"Snap, snap," clicks my camera.

"Okay, that's two pictures," says Gio. "Let's get out of here before the wall collapses and the place fills up with water."

"That's not going to happen," I say out loud, but we left the area just in case. There's plenty of other fish in the Monterey Bay Aquarium to see, right?






Besides, we hadn't gotten barreled yet.


"Hey, guys go sit under the wave and I'll take a picture when the wave hits," I say.

"Okay," answer the boys.

As the wave hits Gio screams, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Gio's shriek ricocheted off the tunnel walls, bouncing into my ear, perforating my ear drum, I'm sure. My ears are still ringing, anyways.

I felt even worse for the poor tourists who were trapped in the tunnel with us.

"Sorry," I say to the room full of strangers.

2 comments:

nana/mama said...

Oh my! I think the one is channeling my Father who lost is life at sea

nana/mama said...

I think the little one is channeling my Father who lost his life at sea

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter