Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Santa Lucia Preserve

Tweet This



Internet I've done it! I've made my kid as paranoid about lice as I am. Which according to my calculations should reduce our risk of invasion by 2 million percent.

Yesterday. I went on a field trip to Santa Lucia Preserve for a nature walk with Gio's class.

Before we headed out on the trail, our lovely guide Kirsten handed out cards with pictures and names of the various flowers, leaves and piles of poo we'd find along the trail.

But these weren't ordinary cards. No. They were cards with yarn strings attached to them, better known as necklace cards.

Da da da!

"Red alert! screams my Brain. "Lice could be living on the yarn! Wait. Take a deep breath. Don't panic. We're the first class to come out here in a while, so the necklaces are probably lice free. Yeah it's okay."

Just as my mind was free from licacious worry, there was a tug on my shirt. It was Gio.

"Mom," he says pointing to the necklace cards the guide was still holding.

"El....Eye.....See.....Eeeee," warns Gio, spelling out lice slowly, while scrunching his face.

"It's okay, I don't think anyone has worn them in awhile..............Just don't trade with anyone!"


Bark Mask


Redwood Seed.




2 comments:

Sara said...

We just got our first lice notice from the school this year. (We seem to get several each year!) And I keep forgetting to check my daughter's hair. Then I think of your ordeal last year....I'd better go check!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Haha! It might be a good idea. I need to check the boys too.....

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter