Monday, January 23, 2012

The Book Thief

Tweet This



The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak, was my book club of two's very first book, that I picked, nearly a year ago. I just finished it.

Good thing my book club is patient with me. Of course, it is just me and the Huz who are in it and we all know the man has a lot of patience.....

I started the Book Thief Friday, and finished up the last few pages this morning after getting everyone off to school and work.

It was so good. I'm not sure why I didn't finish it sooner. Perhaps because I'm incapable of reading a real book?

Buy Kindle Version of The Book Thief here:

The second time I began and finally finished The Book Thief I read it on my phone's kindle app. Obviously, I prefer electronic books over real books mainly because they're a lot easier to read in the dark.

Or maybe I was unable to finish The Book Thief, which is narrated by Death himself because it's à sad and tragic book.

Buy the hard copy of The Book Thief here:

The Book Thief is about the Holocaust. It's about the German Jews who were persecuted and the Germans who didn't go along with the hatred Hitler infused in Germany through brutality and fear.

Yes, it's a sad story but to quote Death himself, and the book:

I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant. None of those things, however, came out of my mouth. All I was able to do was turn to Liesel Meminger and tell her the only truth I truly know.

I said it to the book thief and I say it now to you.

I am haunted by humans.


If you love a GREAT story, and don't mind reading with a box of tissues, then I highly recommend reading The Book Thief.

Now what should The Book Club of Two read next?
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter