Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coolest Fort Ever

Tweet This


Vinny peaking out from the coolest fort ever.

After school today.

"Mom, let's go to the fort," says Gio.

"Not today, I'm starving and I don't have any food," I say. "I need to go home and eat."

"But you said next time you picked us up from school you would take us to the fort," whines Gio. "That's not fair! Vinny has been to the fort and I haven't."

"Maybe we can go tomorrow," I offer. "I'll remember to pack a snack."

"I might have a snack for you," says Gio.

And by snack he means food without soy, dairy or gluten.

"I do!" says Gio excited.

"Really?!" I say. "What do you have?"

"Almonds," says Gio.

"Cool, we can go to the fort then," I say.

I was happy to take them to the fort because that meant I could go for a walk, too.


As I'm enjoying my walk I hear, "Mom come into the fort."

"I can't fit through there," I say.


Narrow opening to the coolest fort ever.


We'll hold the bushes open for you," offer Vinny and Gio.

"Oh alright," I say. "But don't let them go as I'm walking in."

Internet, I've been around boys long enough to know to set the ground rules ahead of time. There are less shenanigans that way.

"We won't," swear Gio and Vinny.

Once inside I could see why this truly is the coolest fort ever.


Vinny+climbing = happy.


Sibling Rivalry is impossible while climbing.


"Where are all the chairs?" wonders Gio.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter