Friday, January 27, 2012

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 2011

Tweet This


Internet, I am estatic to report the American movie version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," based on the book of the same title by Stieg Larsson is AWESOME!

In 2009, the Swedish film version was released. I saw it. The film was too long and too horrible.

So I wasn't planning on seeing the American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Afterall, I read the book. And the book was great! Why ruin it with another bad, long movie?

But then one of my BFF's says, "'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,' is the best movie out right now."

"Really?" I wondered. "Okay, I'm in, let's go!"

"No way!" protests the Huz. "I'm not going to see a movie with torture in it."

Though he didn't seem bothered by the torture scene in the latest Sherlock Holmes movie.

"Ahem, you know this is a torture scene, right?" I annoyingly point out.

"Yeah," the Huz concedes.

I figured then I'd have a credit to get the Huz to go see The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo. But no such luck.

Fortunately, my BFF's are into torture.

"This is horrible," says the BFF, as all three of us cover our eyes during the movie.

For folks bothered by torture wait for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to come to Redbox, otherwise y'all may need to self medicate after viewing it.

Sound of swallowing pill.

For those going out tonight, the American movie version is less graphic than the Swedish movie, I think. Besides it's way more exciting. I stayed awake through the entire two hours and 40 minutes of the latest The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo movie. Which is more than I can say for Sherlock Holmes, despite the loveliness of Robert Downey Jr.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

The casting is excellent. Daniel Craig is perfection as Mikael Blomkvist. Craig is sexy, smart, charismatic and man enough to be saved by a woman. Guys, know, that in itself, takes balls.

Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander is where the American film really gets it right. Mara, is exactly who I saw in my head when I read the book. Need I say more. Well, yes.


Mara as Salander is weird, smart, fierce yet still retains all the sexual oomph to titillate audiences, as well as Mikael Blomkvist.

Snicker.

Even more important than either stars' individual appeal, is the their ability to make mad passionate love onscreen literally and figuratively. That they do! More than once.

"You need to stop talking," says Lisbeth Salander to Mikael during one love scene.


Internet, are you ready for even more exciting news?

The last two books in the Millennium Series, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest, are being adapted for American movies. The Swedish already made the last two books into films, which I'm not going to bother watching......

Filmfest. More like Snoozefest.

Which reminds me I never finished the third book, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest. I need to do that now. By the way, my favorite book was the second book, The Girl Who Played With Fire, in the series.

I am so looking forward to the next movie where audiences will learn even more about Lisbeth Salander, who manages to kill villains without actually having to, and her amazing super powers..........

2 comments:

Eileen Begley said...

I liked the Swedish version, though maybe "like" is not quite the right word. Had to hide behind my pillow for some of the torture scenes. It was very intense to watch. Loved the leads. I will probably like the American version too. But will wait til it hits video as just saw the Swedish version.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Did you also read the book? I felt like they didn't get her right in the swedish movie. That was my major problem with. And if you don't have Lisbeth right there's no point in making the movie. Also, if I remember correctly it was a lot more violent. But I am so glad you enjoyed it. I saw the swedish version with a couple of people who read the book. They liked it.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter