Saturday, April 30, 2011

Son Of A Nit!

Tweet This

This is our friends' cat, Grey Bob, checking out some bugs. I can relate.

Today, we found a nit, ONE nit only, on Gio. After being nit-free for over three weeks this was,  to say the least,  disheartening.

A lot of cleaning went down, and nada surf, despite at least three surf reports saying, "It looks fun!"

"I should go surfing, I'll feel better, but I feel to beat down to amp up for surfing in frigid water with a bunch of surf starved frothers, " I say.

"Yes!" says Hubby. "Puhleeeeeeeez go surfing."

I guess I'm not that fun when I'm in lice freak out mode. But honestly, Internet, it didn't take me all day to vacuum the house, yesterday.

"I feel like poking my eyes out with a fork," I say to Hubby.

"Oh yeah, great idea," says Hubby. "Then you won't see the lice."



"Yes, that would be better," I say. But what I was really thinking is, "Sure, I won't see the lice, but I will still feel them."

I felt sorry for myself all day long, until I remembered what happened yesterday.

Last night, I attended a teen drug and alcohol awareness program started by Hubby's BFF. One of the speakers, who was paralyzed in a car accident, said, "if there were more programs like this maybe I wouldn't have gotten into a car with a drunk driver."

She even continues to dance competitively in her wheelchair, and she's working on starting an exercise center for other paralyzed people. I felt stupid when I replayed her words in my head.

Though her intentions were to inspire teens to make safer choices, she inspired me to see my lice really isn't so bad, afterall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter