Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trestles, San Clemente

Tweet This


"Going surfing now love, leaving phone in room, gonna be gone til my arms fall off," I text Hubby at 6 a.m. today.

I paddled out a bit before 7 a.m.  I surfed until 11 a.m.  Somehow after surfing four hours, my arms did not fall off.  Fortunately I packed water and some decent snacks to refuel for another session.

After napping on the beach for two and a half hours, I decide,  "I must go surfing! Again!"

"I'm only going to surf an hour," I tell myself.

After one hour I say to myself,  "I'm feeling pretty good!  I have another hour in me for sure."

"How is six hours of surfing not enough? " I wonder to myself.

But the only answer I can come up with is, "surfing is my crack."

Though,I do feel obligated to make this short trip worth the loooooong drive.

Finally, after the third hour of my second session I tell myself, "I'm beat, catch a wave in already, you have to save some energy for the 25 minute walk back to the hotel."

Secretly, I was hoping to surf Trestles for 8 hours today, but 7 hours will have to do, until next time anyways.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im bummed i missed you guys!
BUT!
im sure there will be other times we are all down there at the same time again.

X
Canada

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter