Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Voice TV Series

Tweet This


Vinny and I love to sing this song at the top of our lungs, duet style, of course.

Does that make us crazy? Probably.

This collaboration featuring Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine (Maroon 5) and Cee Lo is almost as good as our version. Apparently this musical motley crew make up the vocal coaches and judges on NBC's new TV series The Voice.

"It's basically another American Idol," says Hubby. "I tivoed it. Do you want to watch it?"

"No, I just watched it on YouTube," I say. "Why would I want to watch it on TV?"

"To see what it's all about," says Hubby in a magical voice.

I'm pretty sure TV hasn't been magical ever since I got my IV hookup to the world wide web. Read: Not much comes between me and my Internet Phone, especially television.

"Uh, no thanks, I don't like TV," I say.

"Okay," he says, disappointed. "But, remember I used to watch American Idol with you."

Yes, my husband is a score keeper. I wonder if he learned it from me? But really, Internet, he barely watched American Idol with me.

I believe his words went something like, "I can't take it anymore."

And he wasn't even referring to the hordes of teenage girl voters and their sexless boy wonder winners.

Besides, I'm sure if I watched The Voice with him, I would get hooked, and he would stop watching it due to his strict Six Million Dollar Man Training as a child. He was only allowed to watch the first half of every Six Million Dollar Man episode.

"Time for bed Stefan," says Stefan's Mom, fifty years ago. (I'm not very good at math)

"But Mooooom, the Six Million Dollar Man is only half over," whines Stefan.

"No, buts, go to bed!" insists Stefan's Mom.

Poor Hubby. But hey, 3 million is still a lot of episode, right?

"Who is the Six Million Dollar Man?" ask all the 20-30 somethings.

Don't worry kids, someday I'll tell you about Steve Austin and all of his bionic parts. I promise I won't leave out Jaime Sommers, The Bionic Woman, my first girl crush, or her bionic dog.

An hour later.

"Okay put The Voice on," I say.

I'm willing to try anything once.

"The difference between this show and American Idol is, this show is positive," says Hubby. "It's so cool they are going to help the contestants improve. All American Idol does is cut them down."

In all fairness, I've heard from several fans it's not like that this year on American Idol. Perhaps, because they knew The Voice was coming?

"This is the type of show that will help change the world," says Hubby. "There are two interracial families, and a gay couple!"

Internet, you may not know but Hubby himself comes from an interracial family through marriage, and knows all too well how prejudiced "nice" people can be.

"If I were on The Voice I would totally pick Christina Aguilera to be my coach!" exclaims Hubby. "That would be awesome!"

"Yeah you would, she's hot," I say. "And she's the only woman."

"Oh yeah," agrees Hubby.

The way the show works is the four coaches pick team members, based solely on their singing ability. In other words, coaches don't get to see the singer first, so singers aren't picked based on their good looks, but rather actual talent. That's a new one, Internet.

But if more than one coach wants a singer to be on their team, then the singer gets to pick the coach, turning the tables on the so-called super stars. I like that. Adam Levine is so cute when he begs.

"I have to admit so far this show is pretty good. But if I watch The Voice, YOU have to watch it with me," I say to Hubby.

"Well, only if it doesn't get dull," says Hubby.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I knew!" I shout.

1 comment:

Nicole_Tee said...

The Voice has been the only future mega-artist show to come about that I really enjoy. After watching the “blind” auditions I was hooked, the whole concept of this show is new and definitely makes it standout amongst all the others. I haven’t missed an episode and I don’t plan on it since I can relay it as it airs live onto my Android from my Sling Adapter that I got from my job at DISH Network. This is definitely worth checking out!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter