Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Concussion Update

Tweet This

It will be two weeks tomorrow since I hit my hand on the bottom of the deep blue sea. Unfortunately, I am still having headaches. But they are not constant. They're on and off, on and off, reminding me of a bad relationship.

They are not so terrible. I haven't had to swallow ANY pain medication the past few days, which on some level, is disappointing. Read, I miss the drugs. Sigh.

I'm still sleeping on cold packs, cause otherwise the pressure from laying on my head hurts. Ice is my friend, though I have other friends I enjoy much more. Such as Vye K. Den.

I feel best doing nothing. But I have been doing a few things a day, with naps in between.

By things, I mean catching up on movies, going for short, slow walks, watching movies, doing some menial chores, and finally watching movies. Not necesarily in that order, or all in the same day.

I'm getting stuff done! Slowly. Breathe.

I thought I was doing pretty well today, until I left the house for a walk at the beach, with my BFF. Eight minutes into my drive to the sandy shore I realize, "Holy canoli! I am not wearing my seat belt!"

I always wear my seat belt. Though I guess I can't say that anymore.

I had to talk myself through the stages of buckling up, all while remembering to breathe and drive at the same time. It was pretty stressful, since I was going really fast. Like sixty-five.

"Which is the speed limit on the highway, Officer. And that's where I was driving, Ma'am."

But really I am feeling better.

Honest.

Why don't you believe me?

Tonight after my nap, I'm going to watch "Country Strong," " shhhh don't tell me what happens. " And "Easy A," if I can last that long.

Watching movies is hard work, Internet. Almost as hard as getting better.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you continue to feel better, Wendy! Concussions stink!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks Heather! I feel improvement every day. It will be nice when I eventually get back to my regularly scheduled life.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter