Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ikea Cubby Organizer

Tweet This

I realize this play room may not be as cool or organized as some, but for us this is perfection. And by perfection, I mean there's no longer a narrow, over grown trail, with tripping hazards leading into the room.

We only bought the gynormous cubby organizer at Ikea a year ago, and we are just now putting it to efficient use. That didn't take long at all.

The main purpose of the shelving is to give a home to the boys', all three of them, thousands of legos. The stackable bins, which we already had, worked out a lot better, than the baskets we purchased from Ikea. But this is a work in progress, and since we know nothing about organizing, we're bound to make a few costly mistakes.

I'm excited that the two work tables, can also double as desks for completing homework when school starts. (note to the roommates: horizontal surfaces are not for storage)

I feel so good about this space now!!!!!! And I didn't even drink a pot of coffee to accomplish this feat of amazingness. Though I did take several power naps. Turns out, I accomplish much more when I'm well rested, as opposed to caffeineating my way through exhausting menial tasks.

Ikea Cubby Grande.

3 comments:

pikaki said...

oh my! so much organization!

Anonymous said...

That's SOoooo good!!

Canada

wood storage cubbies said...

Very impressive and beautiful!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter