Sunday, June 5, 2011

Disc Golf CSUMB and Vicodin

Tweet This


My Frisbee Golf Posse

"Is it okay to call it Frisbee Gol???? " I try to ask Hubby.

But before I can finish my question he interupts me with, "NO. It's Disc Golf."

"But what about?" I begin to ask.

He interrupts me again with, "Frisbee refers to recreation. Disc Golf is an actual sport."

Well alrighty then.

Actually Internet, I think they have to call it Disc Golf because "Frisbee," is a registered trademark, hence making it illegal to use "Frisbee."

So, they went with disc. Disc is shorter than "Flying Saucer. " And disc is more appropriate than U.F.O., since we all know we're playing with an identified object, commonly known as a Frisbe..... I mean disc.

I didn't play "Disc Golf," today. I went along for the walk, since I am not able to surf. I need some exercise.

"Just make sure you don't get hit in the head," warns my BFF.

Maybe next time I will wear a helmet to the Disc Golf Course? Yes, a helmet with a built in ice pack. Unfortunately, the headache was back today.

I'm hoping the headache is related to the bruised muscles attached to my head, rather than a bruised brain.

But it is hard to tell. Is there a way to tell a difference? In the meantime, I'll be the one sleeping on the ice pack, and taking a half of Vicodin, left over from the Appendicitis/Abscess Trauma Vortex, before bed.

I can hear the Internet voices now, "Vicodin is addicting!" Yeah, and so is everything else on the planet. But I need some relief. Tylenol and Alleve aren't touching it.

If there's one thing I learned from my recent hospital field trips, there's nothing wrong with medicating acute pain. At least, that's what the half of Vicodin keeps whispering in my ear. And Goddess knows, right now, I could use a little sweet talk.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter