Friday, May 11, 2012

May Festival

Tweet This

Today would have been Vinny's last May Festival before graduating from elementary school in a few weeks.

But. He. Was. Too. Sick. To. Go.

:(

I felt so emotional while watching all the performances today.

Partly because Vinny was unable to be there.

But mainly because Vinny is nearly done with this part of his life. He's growing out of fifth grade, and heading into middle school.  I want to press pause, stop or rewind.

Sob, sob, sob.

But life barrels on down the road, whether I want it to or not. I guess that's a good thing. Otherwise it would always be summer vacation in my world.

When Vinny was around five years old I'd tell him, "You're my baby."

"Mommy, I am not a baby," Vinny would say in protest.

And just like like my Mama always tells me, I'd say, "You will always be my baby. No matter what."

1 comment:

nana/mama said...

You will get a chance at the replay button when you hold your first grandchild. Nothing like it. You get to feel those chunky arms around your neck, again, saying "I love you"

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter