Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ocean's Night

Tweet This


Scuba Gio.

The boys' school had an ocean science fair tonight because it's AWESOME.

Vinny was too exhausted from Ocean Science Camp where, "He couldn't sleep because someone kept farting," to join us.

Once we arrive at Ocean's Night there are plenty of educational hands on activities to take part in.

But, of course, Gio asks, "Mom, can I play on the playground?"

"Um, we didn't come here to play on the playground," I say.  "Now, go learn something about the ocean, please."

We visit tide pool touching zone.

"Are you going to touch any of the animals?" I ask, nervously.

Mainly because of the eel, which is a water snake in my scientific categorization. I find snakes T.E.R.R.I.F.Y.I.N.G.

"No," answers Gio.

Phew!

Then he sees one of his buddies walking around with a cup of edible Goldfish crackers.

"Hey where did you get that?" asks Gio, excitedly.

"In the library," answers the kid. "You get goldfish if you pass the test. Don't worry it's easy."

"Mom, can we go there?" asks Gio.

"Sure," I say.

We visit a few more stations, but between each one Gio asks, "Can I play NOW?"

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter