Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Saw Ray's Thingy

Tweet This

Yeah, I could live here. How about you?



Right as we were getting ready to paddle out and go surfing my surfing BFF says, "Hey, that guy caught a fish!"

Yeah a really weird fish, I thought to myself.

After, watching the battle I realize, "That's no fish, that's some sort of stingRay. He better not cut the line, and leave the hook in. I'm going over to see if he needs help."

I could tell the fisherman was a bit freaked out, having never caught a stingRay prior to today. A crowd was gathering around him. He really wanted to do the right thing. People were watching.

I run down the beach, in my red bathing suit, and matching red flotation device. Just kidding, I was in my boring black wetsuit. Silly me.

The stingRay was thrashing about, making it challenging for the fisherman to get the hook out of the stingRay's mouth. But after a minute, he managed to free the hook.

Unfortunately, the flapping stingRay was beached, and on his back, stranded on the sand about 20 feet from the water.

After several unsuccessful attempts, the fisherman finally flipped the stingRay over on to his belly, with his booted foot. But the stingRay was still stuck on the sand.

In his frustration, the stingRay let out an audible exhale. The fisherman was trying to scoot the stingRay with his foot, but that was one slippery fish, and he wasn't having any luck getting him to the water.

The fisherman, wanted to help the stingRay, whose tail was whipping wildly, but he didn't want to get stung. And I couldn't take anymore of the fisherman's, useless kick assists, so I offered help. "Hey, I can push him out with my surfboard."

Even I wasn't having much luck moving the stingRay into the water using the nose of my surfboard. But, thankfully, my BFF joined me with her board, and we quickly scooted the stingRay back into the water.

"Yay!"

"That little bugger better not sting me, now" I say.

I've seen enough people writhing on the beach after being stung by stingRays, to know I didn't want that to happen to me. I've read the best way to walk through the water when stingRays are present, is too shuffle/drag your feet along the bottom of the sea.

Oh, and if you're wondering how I knew Ray was he, let's just say that his "thingy" kept popping in and out, in and out, leaving me with a visual I will never forget. Not. Ever.

2 comments:

pikaki said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no comment lololol!

Unknown said...

Your Egyptians generally caused platinum, due to the deluxe, rarity along with workability. Affluent fake dior featured platinum diamond jewelry with their day to day living along with loss of life, while sterling silver necklaces ended up being normally inserted involving burial plot goods. In addition silver and gold, and also as opposed to important treasures, your Egyptians in addition used shaded wine glass to create silver precious metal diamond jewelry. After you experience involving only the number of fake chanel are generally significantly for sale pertaining to throughout retailers, your deemed involving only committing a lot of number of would seem consequently straightforward for you to execute for a lot of. Photograph for under a short time your look involving chanel replica handbags that will appeared yourself deal with whenever you found the price within your totes. Folks are properly promoting his or her old-fashioned fake fendi as well as his or her notsoused luggage that will mimic brand-new. It happens to be doable for you to perhaps invest in using tickets stuff didn't without notice been recently used along with until eventually contain the exclusive tickets with them using clothe luggage along with most. Caccia approved Feb 5th nightime that they presents chanel replica sale nevertheless may not check out precisely what the girl told your awesome court. Not only a heart doubted your in close proximity to union mum along with little girl distributed.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter